I've been sculpting on a freelance basis since 2009, and have worked on everything from private commissions of superheroes to stop motion maquettes to entire lines of miniatures for table top war-games. I understand the love that fans have for the characters that they play, watch and immerse themselves in, and I love bringing those characters into tangible reality as a sculptor and a fan myself.
My Advanced Diploma is in animation and gaming where I learned how to animate and draw traditionally to serve as a strong basis for my 3D work. I have a keen understanding of human anatomy that allows me to keep characters real and believable while pushing limits of proportion and style. I am extremely self-driven and organized, and I flourish in a group environment where I can receive feedback and push myself to do the best work I can.
In 2012 I helped form Spawning Pool Studios, offering a full range of artistic services from digital sculpture to graphic design to concept art. Currently, we are moving forward with the creation of a range of original, painter-centric miniatures in the 75mm scale. My focus is currently dedicated to bringing these figures to life (in between freelance gigs, anime nights, and MOBA binges.)
- High Poly Digital Sculpture work for: Video Games, Miniatures, Collectibles, Statues, Garage Kits, and Maquettes.
- Understanding of various production methods, and experience sculpting for various production techniques.
- Graphic design for packaging and branding.
- Concept art and illustration.
- Accurately translate 2D art into 3D form, with a focus on anatomy, dynamic posing, and style.
- Designed visual concepts based on clients described requirements.
- Designed orthographic size charts of characters.
- Build custom armatures with engineering/keys for ease of molding and production.
- Designed packaging to match the style of the product line and style guides.
- Developed concepts for new products to fit in with the existing product line.
- Built mock-ups and pre-production prototypes.
- Worked with name recognition licenses such as Marvel, Disney, and Hot Wheels